Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jog-a-Thon



Jemma's preschool is part of a private school for grades K-12 and last week they held their school jog-a-thon. They included both of their preschool classes in the run with their kindergartners and it was cu-ute! It was so fun to watch and cheer on these little 4-6 year olds.


Jemma shootin' us a thumbs up after her first lap around.

Jem dressed in her "comfy pants and tennis shoes" just for the occasion. She wanted to wear clothes that would be good for exercising...she (unfortunately) has not learned anything about exercising from me. I have to say, she is quite a little runner. She ran almost the entire time.
Unless she was taking a water break. :)



Getting her card punched...I wish I knew the name of the boy punching cards...a few weeks ago, I noticed him as a helper in her classroom for the first time. One day when I came to pick her up from school, she asked him to bend down when he handed her her backpack. He did and she promptly kissed him on the cheek and gave him a ginormous hug...she does not get her forward nature from me...(for the record)...and this may or may not be her first crush, but it is certainly the first time she has kissed a boy that old who is not an uncle!

The upper grade levels came out to cheer these guys on as they ran lap, after lap, after lap. Many times, they'd hold out their hands and the kids would run through giving out high-5's. Very cute.

Jemma playin' to the crowd...all done. What a champion! Conqueror of the jog-a-thon.

Jem showin' me her punch card. 17 laps in 15 minutes! Not bad. (I secretly wanted to count up the punches on all the other cards just to see what the highest lap count was...Just curious.)



Jemma's class with their medals.


Great job Jem! It was fun to watch you run your little legs off! :)

3 comments:

Sharee Gariety said...

That is so cute! I love that she has a crush on that helper in her class. :) Great running, Jemma! You look like a pro, for sure!

Kristina said...

What fun! I doubt that I could even run 17 laps in 15 minutes. Way to go Jemma! She looks so proud of herself, I love it.

Travis and Heather said...

ya, cutest thing ever. I can see ms. Gemma running giving high fives. What a love. She is growing, she looks taller to me. I miss her darling little voice and squishy smile. She is one lovely lady!