Friday, May 15, 2009

Portabellopixie

So, about a month ago, I found this super cute dress pattern (Portabellopixie Boutique Patters by Sandy Henderson) at our local Craft Warehouse...they also had a rather plentiful supply of AdOrAbLe fabrics, so I decided, it was time to do a little sewing again.
I would have taken a pic of the pattern, but our camera is missing...Jemma has become quite the photographer, but just can't remember where she played with the camera last...who knows, it could have been me too...I take the camera EvErYwHeRe!!!
Anyway, I chose the simplest of the three dresses in the pattern and was really pleased with the outcome. The technique used around the neck, sleeves and waist is called "shirring" and was SOOOO fun!!! I will definitely be using this pattern again!
Sharee and Natalie, if you wanna try it out some time, give me a call, cuz I can totally picture your girls in this little peasant dress!




8 comments:

Kristina said...

Love it! I really like the fabric you choose too. You're so talented. I bet she loves wearing a dress her Mommy made :-)

Allison said...

That is adorable! And it fits her so well! She's so big now, and I can't believe Carter is one, luckily he still has those mooshy cheeks. Hopefully he'll be 30 with those mooshy cheeks. :)

MarshandKrissy said...

How cute is that! I absolutely love it! The Stone girls and their creativity and talents...PLEASE pass some on to me!!!

The Dixon Gang said...

So adorable!!! I love the fabrics you used :)

Seth and Sierra said...

Ooh! Way cute!

Eric and Jewels said...

That's a super cute dress! And Jemma is getting so big...tell her I think she's looks pretty in her new dress.

Sharee Gariety said...

Oh my goodness, that dress is DARLING!!! I love the pattern and the fabric. It turned out PERFECT!

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

That is so cute! You are so talented! I need that pattern! Kyrie has one sunday dress right now and it's a little small. What kind of mom am I?