Friday, September 16, 2011

Wedding Festivities

One of the things I love about a Stone wedding is spending time with my family. It is fabulous! Over the years, we have developed a few traditions...my favorite, hands down, is doing the flower arrangements. It. Is. So. Fun. So, here are a few pics of my mom and sisters working on the arrangements and the finished products.


Jewel! Where were you!?! I know you did these with us, but I don't have a single picture of you on my camera! (Melanie, the bride, was gone working on other stuff...she's never really liked doing these! Crazy girl. Next time, like it or not, we're draggin' you in to do them with us!!!)
Aren't they lovely!?! Those creamy-peach roses were my FAVORITE...along with those pom-pom/ball things...ya, I don't know the technical term...
We had them all sitting on top of the piano when we finished them. The living room looked and smelled like the Garden of Eden! LOVELY!

These next pictures have absolutely NOTHING to do with past family traditions...this is purely a MELANIE tradition. She is notorious for her "photo-shoots". She loves dressing up, doing funky stuff with make-up and taking gazillions of pictures...so, per request of Mel (the bride-to-be), we put on clothes that could pass off as American Indian, Mel painted our faces, and it was out to the backyard to take pictures...and for kicks, we called it her bachelorette party. :)

So, I have to admit, it was REALLY FUN! And, the kids thought it was awesome.

Melanie is the one with the long dark hair and glasses on.


Here we are dancing around Mel...we look utterly ridiculous and I'm laughing out loud right now...my family ROCKS!


Duck-duck-goose...I'm sure Indians played this one all the time. ;)


More silly dancing...before we had an all-out Indian war.


Can you see Gavin in the middle? He had no idea what was going on, but he made sure he was part of it all, cuz it was so darn fun!


Thanks Mel for your creative and imaginative personality! What would we do without you!?!

4 comments:

Mitch n' Molly said...

Lovely! LOVE that collage of the flower arrangements! I hear ya FAMILIES ROCK! What a great time together!

Sharee Gariety said...

Oh, good job, Jen. I haven't even downloaded the pics off my camera yet. In fact, I can't even find my downloader chord. (how's that for an official term . . .) I hope I didn't leave it at Mom's. Anyway, I might need to steal some of your pictures to repost on my blog because I was a horrible picture taker this time around.

And I agree. Our family rocks!

Melanie said...

haha! I love those pictures Jen!! Im going to have steal them from you! You and the sisters did a fabulous job on the flower arrangements, very beautiful! Love you tons!

Mel

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

yea! I love all those pictures! We had so much fun staying with you guys! Your house is so cute! You got a lot of fun pictures from the "photo shoot" I love the one of Jemma, Kyrie and Daphne in their war paint looking having a stare down with the camera. Love it! Love you guys!