Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Quotes


Jemma: Mom, can we have a treat?


Me: You just had a popsicle. That is a treat.


Jemma: That's not a treat. It's just a cold thing.


I asked Carter to go to the bathroom before he went to bed and this was his response:


Carter: I alweady went potty…last night affer dinner.


Poor Jemma threw up on a Saturday morning. Gavin kept trying to get the bowl that was next to her and she kept taking it back. Later that morning, she was still resting on the couch, and feeling much better, when Gavin came along.


Jemma: Here Gavin, you can play with this bowl now. I'm not throwing up anymore.
Gavin happily took the bowl and wandered off to play with it. (Don't worry, it was a clean bowl…she never did upchuck in it.)


Brandon: Carter, I just need to give you squeezes!
Carter: Fine. Go ahead.


Jemma: Some people just die with their eyes open. (She was quietly coloring a princess picture when she made that comment…random.)


Jemma overheard Brandon and I discussing who we might will our children to should anything happen to the two of us.
Me: Possibly so-and-so, or even so-and-so…
Jemma: No! You want to sell us?


Carter: Look at that flowa Mom!


Me: Isn't it pretty? It's a peony.


Carter: Ithsss not a pony. Ithsss a flowa!


Jemma: Carter, smell me; right here. I stink!
Carter: (Big Sniff) Yup.


Carter: When babies are sad, mommies and daddies hold them. When babies cry a lot, then they take a nap.


One evening, it was like 7:45 and Brandon still wasn't home from the clinic in Portland and Jem said this:
"Daddy's taking a long time. I think he's probably on time out…for not doing what he's supposed to do at work".


I took Carter to see Cars 2 the other night and on the way there, I asked him dozens of questions. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: What's your favorite color?
C: Blue & Gween.
Me: What's your favorite food?
C: Tacos.
Me: Who are some of your friends?
C: Jemma, Jemma and Jemma.
Me: What's your favorite thing to do?
C: Eat dinnew.
Me: What's your favorite toy?
C: Light Queen & Matah…can we stop talking?


Brandon was tucking Carter into bed one night and Carter was worried about there being a ghost in his room. This was their conversation:
Carter: Awe there ghosts in here?
Brandon: No, there are no ghosts in here.
Carter: Oh. Where do ghosts live?
Brandon: Far, far away.
Carter: Oh, where the Holy Ghost lives?


Please ignore the spacing in this post...I just can't figure out what blogger want me to do these days!

7 comments:

Sharee Gariety said...

Yahoo! I love it! My kids are making me read them all out loud. :)

Sara said...

So cute!!

MarshandKrissy said...

I cannot stop laughing!!! So cute!!!

The Schneiders said...

Oh my goodness; those were so great! Aww, I miss you guys. I am glad that Carson isn't the only one worried about ghosts in his room. I guess it's normal.

Kristina said...

Too cute! I feel like I need to give Carter squeezes too. I just miss your kids so much! Did Carter even like Cars 2? We watched it today.... and thought it was awful! It entertained the kids, but I don't think they understood a second of it.

Mitch n' Molly said...

Seriously cute stuff! I am gonna have to think about writing their words down...Genius Jen, GENIUS!

Unknown said...

Ha, HA, HA. kids are great.