Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Last week, Jemma’s preschool took a trip to our FAVORITE pumpkin patch, Lakeview Farms. My good friend did a babysitting swap with me, so it was just me and Jemma! We were both pretty excited to have a “Mommy-daughter” date together.


Here’s Jemma with Jasper the pony. (Pretty sure that was his name…) She was in HEAVEN with that little guy.

Jemma with her pumpkin of choice. She picked a cute one, huh!


Jemma with classmates Trennon and McKenna on the train. (I gotta say that after I took her pic here with her friends, I asked her to come and sit with me…was that selfish? I really wanted to share the train ride with her…)



Jemma’s preschool class up on the haystack.



It was Jemma’s day to bring snacks and when I told her, she said, “Are you serious! On pumpkin patch day! All my friends just do it at school!” Hilarious! She did a great job of helping her teachers pass out the food and despite a bit of a wasp & bee attack over spilled juice, I think the rest of the class enjoyed Jemma’s snack.


I had a WONDERFUL time being with just Jemma. She is becoming so independent and grown-up (in a little girl sort of way). It was odd to be able to have my hands free to take as many pictures as I wanted and not have another child (or 2) to wrangle; to be able to pay attention to just her and make a memory together.


I think it might be time to start instigating mommy-daughter, mommy-son dates more regularly. They are FABULOUS!


Love you Jem!

2 comments:

Sharee Gariety said...

I am loving all the pictures you take with your new camera . . . I am jealous! Jemma is looking very tall and grown up. I'm glad you got to spend some time together, just the two of you. She picked a VERY cute pumpkin!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

That cute little picture of Jemma with her pumpkin, the first thing I thought (aside from cute hair and perfect little, round pumpkin) is: her and Gavin look very much alike. So cute! Glad you had fun!