Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jacob

The week before we moved, I had the honor of taking some pictures of my brother, Jacob for his upcoming Senior Year.  Jacob loves the coast and all things associated with the beach, so it would have been cool to take his pictures near the ocean...however, the closest beach is 2 1/2 hours away and we had a time constraint.  But, my sister, Natalie had the brilliant idea to take them at Knights Ferry.  Wow!  It had been a long time since I'd last been there...at least 11 years, and that place is a photographer's heaven!  River, rocks, ruins, bridge, you name, they've got it.
So, stellar setting + stud (aka Jacob) = Fun photo shoot.  :) 
Above:  My personal favorite.
And, a whole bunch of others.  This guy is photogenic.

The Candid:

I love the way Jacob smiles when he looks down.  He is one of the most gentle, sweet, kind boys a person could know and something about those shots (and, mind you, they were all candid) captures the humility that opitimizes his nature.



 Jacob has the most beautiful eyes and when he smiles, you can't really see them, so I made him take some "eye shots". 

The Silly & The Random:

It was a real treat to spend some one-on-one time with my "little" brother.  He. is. awesome.  Such a fun guy (as I'm sure you can see from the above colage). :D 
Love you Jake and thanks for letting me spend the afternoon/evening taking your picture. :)

2 comments:

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

Yea! I love these! Jacob is a stud! Great job! I love the ones of him smiling down too! I love all of them but my favorite is the top one too! Fantastic!

Sharee Gariety said...

Great job, Jen! and Jacob, you ROCK! You are super handsome, and I agree with the other sisters about the smiling down shots. super endearing. The top is also my favorite, if we're keeping a tally.