Sunday, November 6, 2011

Disney on Ice

A little over a month ago, I saw an add in the local newspaper for a deal saver on tickets for Disney on Ice. I was all over it. I was pretty sure the kids would LOVE it. (And let's face it, I'm a big fan of ice skating and Disney too.)

So, Saturday, October 29, we loaded the kids in the van, dropped Gavin off with Pop & Gram (THANKS AGAIN FOR WATCHING HIM FOR 6 HOURS!), and drove up to Sacramento to enjoy the show.

Of course, we hit some crazy traffic due to a semi truck going up in flames on I-5 and missed the first 20 minutes of the show...but aside from that, things went according to plan. :)


We had great seats with a front on view. We borrowed binoculars from my parents and ended up not needing them! It was fabulous.
Duel between Peter Pan & Captain Hook.

Tinker Bell's entrance.



The kids during intermission.

The show was 2 hours long, so the 20 minutes we missed really wasn't that big a deal...had it been an hour show, we would have been really ticked! :)

Jemma, Carter & me.


And the kids with Dad.
The kids were so distracted with all the vendors during intermission that it was almost impossible to get them to look at the camera!



Simba & Nala.



The Seven Dwarfs.



Mickey & Minnie. (Obviously...)


All the Disney princesses with their princes.

I didn't get pictures of these guys, but they also had Alice in Wonderland, The Incredibles (apparently part of the intro to the show that we missed) and Goofy & Donald Duck.

And, unfortunately, my battery died during the finale and I did not do a very good job of getting pictures of any of the lifts...

The kids want to know when we're going again though, so maybe next time. ;)

p.s. If there's a smokin' hot deal in your area to go see Disney on Ice, snag it! You & your kids will LOVE it! :)

6 comments:

Pam said...

My girls don't know it yet, but they are going to see this with my mom this weekend. I think they will be thrilled. :) Cute pictures!

Melanie said...

Wow! this was in Sacramento? so cool. I wish I could've gone too! I love Disney and Ice skating and You!

Sharee Gariety said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! Daphne and I are very jealous. ;) I'm glad you guys got to go.

Eric and Jewels said...

Sweet!! What a fun outing! One day (fingers crossed) we'll get to see Disney on Ice.

Mitch n' Molly said...

LOVE these pictures! What a BLAST! I can only IMAGINE the little PRINCESS heaven Jemma was in! Way to go!

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

Oh, how fun! Disney! Ice Skating! Doesn't get much better than that. I have to agree with Sharee and Daphne, I too am jealous! :) Looks like a blast! Love you guys!