Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Projects and Packing...

This is my bedroom right now...less than a week to go, so every room in the house has at least one box in a corner. Things are starting to look empty...and a little depressing. I'm saving taking the downstairs decor off the walls for Saturday. I don't think I can handle more than 3 days in an apartment with completely naked walls. Anyway...

I also have to keep doin' projects cuz they just make me so darn HAPPY!

I found this coat tree at a local thrift store about a week or so ago and fell in love with it instantly. It cost me $5. Nice. I've been looking for one of these for a couple YEARS now and never found one priced below $40 until now.
So, I stuffed it in my minivan, primed and painted it the same day, glazed it with a dark brown the next to give it an antiquey (I think I made that word up) look and via la!






I already had the prime, spray paint and glaze on hand, so this was a serious steal! Love that. Now, back to packing...

5 comments:

Sharee Gariety said...

I love that you got that coat tree even though you are moving in a few days! I too have been looking for an affordable coat/hat/umbrella tree, but I have not been as lucky. Someday! Yours looks perfect. Again, wishing we lived closer so I could mooch off your great ideas. good luck packing, Jen! That is such a drag, but won't it be fun to live near family for awhile! Especially since you've been out there all alone for so long.

-tracy said...

i love that hall tree! and having projects help pass the time. and keep your mind off the move... which we are all dreading.
my kids aren't going to know what to do with themselves when your kids are gone. it's going to be so sad.
send them down to play again so you can get some boxes packed.

Kristina said...

um, that picture of your boxes is so depressing. Don't go! What will I do without you? I do love your coat hanger.... A LOT!

Journal said...

Hey guys how are you ??
I left a message on your last post but I think you didn't see it...
This is Raquel Dias, your neighbor from University Village - Rexburg - ID....do you remember??

Journal said...

it is so good to hear from you. We are living in Farmington - UT. Wagner is done with his MBA ate BYU. I'm attending LDSBC. I have 2 girls and expecting another girl...where are you guys living ?? do you have facebook ?? I want to keep contact...love the pictures of your family, you have a beautiful family.