Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Overwhelmed

The last 3 weeks have been overwhelming.
Packing, loading, decluttering, moving.
Then came the unpacking, unloading, organizing, (and reorganizing because I didn't like the way I had it the first time), adjusting, routinizing (is that a word), and schooling (yes, home schooling. Never thought I would really home school. Just thought it sounded good in theory).
But truthfully, all of that has been on the smaller scale of my being "overwhelmed".
The last 3 weeks have been so utterly and completely full of
playing as much and as hard as we could with good friends before we left Oregon, and now with all of the family we have here in California,
gifts that ranged from literal packages wrapped for members of our family to a refrigerator, lawn mower, edger, tanks of gas to help with Brandon's commute, and gift cards,
service from others toward our family...sadly not a whole lot of service going out...gotta get on that, but yes, lots and lots of service (ie. babysitting, meals, loading and unloading our moving van, driving our moving van for us; thanks again Mike!, putting beds together, unpacking what felt like endless boxes, fixing our broken kitchen table; thanks Reed! and so So SO much more.)
So, ya, I've been overwhelmed...but mostly just with the outpouring of love and kindness from SO MANY of YOU! Our family thanks you.


p.s. I forgot to mention that I am also overwhelmed by all the blogging I need to catch up on! I'll get on that. After I nail down tomorrow's lesson plans, figure out what we're eating for dinner and change a poopy diaper.

7 comments:

Sharee Gariety said...

Jenny! Good job keeping your head above water amidst everything you have going on. I'm feel overwhelmed too, (but some of your overwhelmed-ness by love and service sounds better than the kind I'm feeling . . .) I'm rather jealous that you get to be so close to Mom and Dad. How fun! And I'm glad you've had so much help and love and gifts in the midst of your move. I got your message. I will try to call you soon. My days are speeding by faster than I can run lately, so I'm sorry I haven't called you back yet. Love you lots!

Megan said...

Welcome to the craziness of rotations! The year will go by fast and you'll look back with fondness on these exciting years! Best of luck homeschooling, you'll do great :)

Kristina said...

What? not even a single picture? I miss you guys. Sounds like things are crazy. I won't bug you for a while. But then, we have to talk!

Mitch n' Molly said...

You described MOVING perfectly. It stinks with a capitol S! I hope you are starting to recover and get into a good grooooove! Miss you! Give Jemma a big squeeze from me!

Mason & Laura said...

What a HUGE whirlwind I'm sure everything has been! I'm so glad you are moved in and getting settled! and like I said, I would enroll my kids in your kindergarten class ... I know you will be AMAZING! looking forward to seeing pictures :)

Journal said...

I love coming here and hearing about the news...
what part of California are you ?? is Brandon done with school?? here is my e-mail raquelvgdias@hotmail.com , it is easier to comunicate and send phone number...
Gema is so beautiful ....your kids are beautiful ...we miss you guys...

Travis and Heather said...

WEll done! Is Gemma in kindergarten? Is she seriously that old. You will rock the home schooling. I think it is such a gift--and anything that is a gift is also dang hard. You can do it. After rotation year I was D.U.N moving. When we moved in here our house was a little...um...different than we anticipated and I said "DON'T CARE....WE'RE NOT MOVING." I'm so glad so many angels have come to your rescue.