Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Fruits of our Labors!


I love planting a garden. I just find so much enjoyment in planting and watching things grow. This year, although we're moving to Oregon and will be unable to enjoy most of the produce, we planted a vegetable and herb garden. I've been using the fresh parsley, chives, basil, oregano and cilantro most of the summer, but the other day I went out to thin the carrotts and found that some were big enough to use in a meal. There were also some snow peas ready for picking and my impatient nature left me digging up a hill of potatoes before I headed for the house. (This was my first time planting potatoes...SOOOOO FUN!)

So, last night, we went ahead and used the carrotts and snow peas (along with some store bought broccoli...ours is still far from ready) in some chicken stirfry.

It was delicious! Nothing like home-grown produce!!!

6 comments:

Sharee Gariety said...

Jenny! I'm so impressed with your produce. Good job. Your stir-fry looks very appetizing! My garden has been less than stellar this year, so I'm jealous of your delicious harvest! Good job.

Anjanette said...

i'm so impressed!

aisha said...

Wow--home grown potatoes? You guys are amazing. We haven't tried that one yet. But I suppose after all you are in Idaho. . . :)

MarshandKrissy said...

JENNNNNNNN!!!! Oh my gosh your family is so cute!! Oregon eh? Your food looks amazing like always! Keep in touch will ya.

Haden's Family said...

How do you have the time? You really are amazing. Let me know if you guys need any help with moving. I'm going to be so sad when you leave. You've been the best visiting teaching companion I've ever had.

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

Good for you! That stir-fry looks awesome! Love you guys!