Thursday, July 28, 2011

No Training Wheels!

Carter has been asking for weeks, no months, now to have his training wheels removed. His feet barely touch the ground on tippy toes, so there was no way I was gonna take them off and have him get all banged up. Last night, however, Carter asked Brandon to take them off, and so, while I made dinner, Brandon removed them and off Carter went. Seriously. That's no exageration. He needed a little help starting and stopping at first because his little legs are, like I said, still not quite long enough, but he was riding that thing with NO help on the first try. CRAZY!


He spent most of today out there on his bike practicing gettting started and stopping all by himself, and he has it down now, short legs and all.

I'm not ashamed to say that I was wrong.

Just cuz this kid is only 3 and barely reaching the ground while on his bike, doesn't mean he can't ride it without training wheels. Way to go CARTER! You are one stellar bike rider. :)

Here's a quick video of him riding today.



4 comments:

-tracy said...

yah for carter! he'll love being able to keep up with the big kids at gg.
and i can't even count all the things i've been wrong about with my kids...bikes without training wheels being one of them.

The Schneiders said...

Oh my goodness! That kid is hard core!

Travis and Heather said...

Oh my heck. Can't even swallow I am so shocked that darling baby I saw just a few short years ago is seriouslu riding a bike around. Last memory of that little love is of his chubby tummy sticking out the bottom of his swim shirt whilst he splashed happily in a pot of water on your front door step. Stop getting big dangit(I love Molly, because she wouldn't have said dangit).

Sharee Gariety said...

Wow! What a guy! Sean has yet to remove his training wheels and he can DEFINITELY touch the ground. Blogger wouldn't let me view the video . . . stupid blogger. But I can just imagine those short little legs pedaling up and down the street!