Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's been a while...here's my version of CATCH-UP!

The kids while we were out shoe shopping...after three stores, we still had ZERO pairs of shoes...lame, lame, lame! I guess the kids still had fun.


Jemma put on this pair of DC's (I think that's the brand...they're little "skater" shoes). I told her I probably wasn't going to get those ones for her to which she replied, "But Mom, they're COOL".


Jemma also started a dance class today. She LOVED it. When I took her out to get her dance clothes, I let her pick out the leotard...she didn't want light pink, black or light blue...it had to be HOT PINK!


Jemma and Carter have started wrestling each other. It is HILARIOUS! Jemma usually wins, but Carter puts up a good fight.


AHHHH! These kids are CrAzY!


A couple random shots of Carter...
Laughing at Jemma.

Wearing Jemma's shoes and watching Jemma out the window.


Our garden did pretty well this year...we had beans on steriods I think...seriously, we ate them for EVERY meal for 2-3 weeks and gave LOTS away. We could have supplied a Thanksgiving dinner for like 30 people with these beans. We also had LOTS of carrots, we're still getting tomatoes and green peppers (we've had really good luck with those this year! That's a first.) We have 8 pumpkins in our pumpkin patch and a couple of decorative yellow gourds. We also planted sunflowers and have loved cutting them to keep in the house.

The variety we planted in front of our apartments said they'd get to be 5-6 ft tall...these bad boys are WELL over that at about 8-9 now...seriously, they're like trees and we've had to trim them back a couple of times to keep them from blocking the front door.


Jemma wouldn't smile normal for this shot, but there's a few of the sunflowers from our garden.


I had to put this picture on here...the other day, Jemma pulled all the pillow cushions off the couch...it happens regularly...so I asked her to put them all back and this is what I got. Valient effort. (If I remember correctly, she was in a rush to get out the door to play with friends.)

Sewing...Again...I made a couple of aprons...this first one I just mailed off today to my Mom...her kitchen has plum and sage in it, so she had to have it. I didn't know how to pose for the camera, so it looks a little funny, but you get the idea...it's one of those "Retro Aprons".

Here's a pillow cover I wipped up the other day...


And here's the other apron...I don't EVER wear aprons, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one...too bad I didn't draw one of my sister's names for Christmas!


11 comments:

Seth and Sierra said...

ooh way cute aprons! You are so crafty!

Allison said...

You've been busy sewing queen! Those aprons are adorable and the pillow, what a great idea! Your kids are so cute, I love Jemma in that dang tutu!

Lauren said...

Cute aprons. When I have an idea for someone for Christmas I just finagle the drawing so that I end up with their name :)

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Okay first off, love the aprons. They are BOTH soooo cute. And the pillow. You really are very crafty. We need to get together more often and maybe some of that cleverness will rub off. And Jemma's dance class? Where dis you find the class and how much is it? I really want to find something for Ryan soon :)

The Kenyons said...

LOVE the leotard! She looks so cute in it!

Sharee Gariety said...

Jenny! Those kids of yours are so cute! I love the one of them smiling at each other. I'm completely jealous of your amazing garden. The other day I harvested 14 potatoes, most of which are small enough to eat in one bite. And your sewing projects are inspirational!!! In particular, I love that pillow. It is DARLING! did you make it up or have a pattern or what? Jemma picked a a leotard that suits her perfectly I think. She is just a HOT pink kind of girl! Thanks for the update! We love to see all those cute pictures!

Josh and Cori said...

holy cow-those aprons are so stinking cute!! CUte kids, too!! It's fun when they actually play together, huh?

Eric and Jewels said...

Jenny your kids are way cute!! Loved Jemma's choice of color for her dance leo and her fixing the coutch job was hilarious (I totally remember her taking the pillows off when she was Carter's age I think its funny that she still gets a kick out of doing it). Okay so I loved your sewing projects way cute aprons and super fun pillow I definately need to get a sewing machine so I can become pro like you :) Oh and congrats on your super productive veggie garden!! Love you guys!

Mason & Laura said...

Such cute pictures! that is hilarious that Jemma said those shoes were "cool"! and how exciting to start a dance class! Carter is getting so big--I still think of him as a baby, but he's becoming a toddler for sure! and WAY cute sewing projects!!

Travis and Heather said...

what the jimminie, you "whipped" that pillow up? Will you please fly here so I can push you down. When I whip it doesn't look like that

Trisha said...

I know what you can do with that DARLING apron...send it to me!! :) jk But, seriously I LOVE IT.